At the heart of the Maurienne Valley in France, the ski resort of Valmeinier is an attractive village resort situated at an altitude of 1500m in the Northern Alps. Bordered by the national parks of the Vanoise and the Ecrins, this unspoilt, authentic winter sports destination is the ideal choice for a relaxed ski holiday with family or friends where you can enjoy skiing in a remarkably sunny ski area, the Galibier Thabor ski area with spectacular views, dominated by the Mont Thabor and the famous Galibier mountain. Around 70% of the ski area is located above 2000m of altitude guaranteeing excellent snow conditions throughout the winter season.
Ski area : Espace Galibier Thabor Valmeinier - Valloire (70% of ski area above 2000m)
Minimum altitude : 1500m - Maximum altitude : 2600m
- 89 slopes, 150km : 20 green, 28 blue, 32 red, 9 black
- 30 ski lifts: 2 cable cars, 17 chair lifts and 11 drag lifts
- Freestyle modules : 1 snowpark, “easy” parks, a boardercross
- 10km of cross-country skiing
The Espace Galibier Thabor is renowned for its excellent snow conditions, due to the fact that 70% of the ski slopes are above 2000m of altitude and also its network of 400 snow guns on the lower slopes and the daily maintenance of the ski runs. Skiing in the Galibier Thabor gives you a choice of 150 km of downhill ski slopes, with an altitude drop of 1170m. If you are new to skiing but wish to discover the sensations outside the beginner’s area, tandem ski are available to hire. For free riders, Valmeinier also offers an off-piste area of excellent quality, on the slopes of the Gros Crey and the Crey du Quart mountains.
A slalom run, fun skiing zones (easyparks, chrono zone, Arva park) and a snowpark, renowned as one of the best in Europe, with a halfpipe, a boardercross, moguls and slides, will delight those looking for extra pleasures and thrills of snow sports. For Nordic skiing fans, there are cross-country skiing tracks in Valloire, offering several circuits for differing levels. There are also specially trained ski instructors to teach the physically handicapped who also want to enjoy the pleasures of snow sports.
Ski holiday rentals in Valmeinier with stunning views in the Residence l’Ecrin des Neiges only 200m from the ski slopes and one of the resort’s chairlift. From this Odalys residence you have easy access to the Galibier Thabor (Valmeinier / Valloire) ski area with 89 ski runs and 70% of the ski area above 2000m which ensures exceptional snow conditions throughout the winter season. Valmeinier is the ideal French ski resort for family ski holidays with facilities, activities and entertainment for the whole family : snowshoeing, toboggan run, snake gliss, night skiing and much more.
Ski holiday rentals in the Residence l'Ecrin des Neiges are ideal for family ski holidays thanks to the location near the heart of the charming ski resort of Valmeinier. The residence has a sauna and billiards table (at an extra charge) so you can relax after a day on the slopes.
Sauna (extra charge)
Billiards table (extra charge)
Free Wifi access in most apartments (extra charge)
Outdoor parking near the residence
The Odalys Residence l’Ecrin des Neiges offers holiday rentals in different apartment types ranging from 1 bedroom apartments for 5/6 people to 2 bedroom duplex apartments for 6/7 people. In total there are 95 holiday rentals in 2 charming, chalet-style buildings (with a lift in the “Batiment A”). All apartments have a balcony or terrace where you can appreciate the stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
All apartments are nicely decorated and are equipped with kitchenette (microwave, dishwasher, etc), a bathroom or shower room and separate toilet in most apartments. You have the possibility to rent a television in all holiday rentals and Wifi access is available in most apartments (at an extra charge).
Several apartments (some duplex) are equipped for guests with disabilities (equipped shower room and toilet).
|Accommodation type||From 23/12/2017
1 or 2-bedroom apartment 5/6 persons
[en-GB plus d'infos]
Book Now >
Book Now >
Book Now >
2-bedroom duplex apartment 7 persons
[en-GB plus d'infos]
|Fully booked||Fully booked||Fully booked|
Price in Euros, per accommodation and per stay
Deposit to be paid on site on arrival : €300 / apartment
Deposit given back after inventory carried out on the day of departure or sent by post
Payment by : cheque, cash or credit card
Tourist tax to be paid on arrival : €1.40/person/day (valid for all guests over 18, subject to modification)
Check-in & check-out :
For Saturday arrivals, accommodation available from 5pm until 8pm. Depending on reception opening hours, you have the possibility to check in during the afternoon but the keys will be supplied at 5pm. In the case of late arrival please inform your residence before 8pm. You will be told the procedure to follow.
For Saturday departures, check-out by 10am (please fix an appointment during the week for the inventory)
- Accommodation rental
- Bed linen
- Individual ski lockers
- Outdoor parking near the residence
Price guide only, subject to modification, to be paid on site
- TV rental (already installed in the apartments) : €8/day, €40/week, €5/day (over 1 week)
- Baby equipment (high chair, cot and baby bath) (pre-booking required 1 week before arrival) : €25/stay, €8/day
- Wifi access (2 connections only) : €8/day, €20/week, €30/2 weeks – Family pack (4 connections) : €35/week
- Cleaning kit : €6
- Bathroom linen (1 bath towel, 1 hand towel) : €7.50/set
- Billiards table : €2/game
- End of stay cleaning on request (except kitchen) : from €60/apartment
- Pets allowed*: €50/stay/animal (over 7 nights), €10/day/animal (under 7 nights)
* Please inform residence at the time of booking. Please supply proof of vaccinations. Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times within the residence grounds.
Please note :
• ID card or passport required for all guests (babies included). Drivers licence not valid.
• Please pay attention to your personal belongings and/or make use of the safe at reception (if applicable) during your stay. Odalys Vacances cannot be held responsible for damage or theft of personal belongings.
Spring skiing : buy two 6-day adult ski pass, get a FREE 6-day child ski pass
*From 07/04 to 14/04 2018, buy two 6-day adult ski pass and get a FREE 6-day child ski pass (5 to 12 years old incl.)! Offer valid for pre-bookings only.
- Iron, ironing board and hair dryer on loan
- Drop-off zone and disabled parking in front of the residence
Take the time to discover the region and the different activities available in and around Valmeinier:
- Ice falls
- Snow-shoe outings, Dog sledding
- Night skiing, Torchlight descent during the school holidays
- Microlighting, paragliding
- Speed riding, tobogganing, Snakegliss (sledge train), Tandemski
- Health and fitness centre
- Bowling, Cinema
• Ski passes, preferential rates « Special Odalys »
Discounts up to 30% on ski passes by booking online with your accommodation (at the latest 5 days before arrival date). Free ski passes for children under 5 years old and people over 75 years old (ID requested, passes to be collected at the ski pass office). Offer cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions. Discounts valid on pre-bookings only.
• Ski equipment, pre-book skis and snowboards with Odalys
Odalys special deals with our local partner offering discounts up to 40% (depending on dates) for full equipment packages (skis, ski poles, boots).
• Ski school, learn to ski for less
Discounts of 15% off the public price for group ski lessons (downhill skiing, Nordic skiing, Snowboarding) during the 2017/2018 ski season outside French school holiday periods. Age groups, days and hours vary in different schools. Offer valid on pre-bookings only at the latest 15 days before arrival date. Tel: +33 (0)4 79 59 23 70 - email@example.com
• Holiday grocery baskets, save time ! Your shopping delivered for your arrival
Fill your fridge without going shopping ! Your week's groceries delivered for your arrival.
By reservation at the time of booking (or minimum 3 days before arrival).
- Visit to discovery of the Savoyard heritage, outings with visit to a cheese manufacturer
- The Ecrins and the Vanoise national parks
- The village of Valmeinier
- "Espace Alu" museum on the era of aluminium in the Alps
- The Mont Thabor farm
- Museum of the Opinel knife and of costumes of the Maurienne region at Saint Jean de Maurienne
- The Baroque trails in the Haute Maurienne region
- Local gastronomy (tartiflette, croziflette, bilberry tart, cheese etc.)
- Local crafts
- Market in Valloire on Friday morning
L’Ecrin des Neiges
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, : 8am-11am and 5pm-7pm
Wednesday : Closed
Saturday : 3pm-8pm
Sunday : 8am-12 noon
+33 825 273 273
Monday to friday : 9am/7pm
Saturday : 9am/6pm