Come and discover the landscapes of Tuscany on a relaxing holiday in Italy and soak up the unique atmosphere of the authentic little town of Montaione in the Val d’Elsa region set on a hill-top surrounded by sun-kissed countryside. Ideally located at the cross-roads of the most beautiful towns in Tuscany : Florence, Siena, Lucca and Pisa, your holiday rental in the residences Castellare di Tonda or Borgoiano are perfectly situated to discover the charm of this area of Italy.
The history of Castellare di Tonda goes back a long way, to the noble Strozzi family, which, at the time of its great riches, bought houses and land in the area and created this beautiful estate, the “Domaine de Piaggia”. Thanks to a long project to renovate these ancient dwellings, respecting Tuscan traditions, Castellare di Tonda has been restored today to its former splendour. You will now find twelve tastefully restored farm houses scattered within the 280-hectare estate at an altitude of 300m ideally located with regards to Florence, Siena, Pisa and the coast. The nearby Grand Lac de Castellare di Tonda is ideal for relaxing picnics, boat trips and fishing.
Outdoor swimming pools
Free car park
Fishing Equipment for hire
Free Wifi in communal areas
Tennis courts (extra charge)
Restaurant : offering typical Tuscan meals (half-board formula available)
Cookery classes are also organised
Each farmhouse consists of 1 and 2 bedroom apartments, entirely equipped in pure Tuscan style (terracotta tiled floors, wooden beams, etc.) and each holiday rental is fully equipped with kitchenette, shower room and toilet.
|August / September|
|Accommodation type||From 25/08/2018
1-bedroom apartment 4 persons with balcony
[en-GB plus d'infos]
2-bedroom apartment 6 persons
[en-GB plus d'infos]
Price in Euros, per accommodation, per stay
Tourist tax to be paid on arrival : €1/day/person
Check-in & check-out :
Check-in from 4pm to 8pm
In the case of arrival outside these times, please inform reception as soon as possible.
You will be told the procedure to follow.
Check-out between 8am and 9.30am.
Please note :
In the case of a problem on your arrival or during your stay :
• Contact the reception and the personnel on site will do their best to resolve the problem.
• If the problem is not resolved on site, please contact the Odalys Vacances reservation call centre on 0825 562 562 from Monday to Saturday.
- Bed and bathroom linen (weekly change)
- Free car park
- Water, gas and electricity consumption
- End of stay cleaning
- Small pets allowed
- Children's playground
- Swimming pools (from May to mid-October)
Price guide only, subject to modification, to be paid on site
- Laundry facilities (tokens available)
- Cot : €35/week
- Mini-club : €13/day/child
- Half-board formula : Adult (from 12 years old) : €235/week, child (3-11 years old) : €120/week (drinks not included)
- Massage centre : sauna, Turkish bath, relaxation area, beauty treatments
- Horse riding club : lessons and riding circuits
- Bike hire
- Tennis court hire : €15/hour
- Excursions : Florence, Siena, Pisa and Lucca
Near your holiday rental in Montaione, you will find the following activiites on offer:
- Golf-course in Castelfalfi (18-hole course, putting green and pitching green)
- Hiking, walking, Mountain biking
- Wine tasting (Chianti)
• Bon appetit ! Discover our half-board formula
Enjoy breakfast and evening meals in the onsite restaurant in this residence.
Adult (from 12 years old) : €235, child (3-11 years old) : €120
To be reserved when booking accommodation. Prices shown are per person per week not including drinks.
• On-site bike hire, in your residence
Don't overload the car, hire your bikes on-site with Odalys and discover over 30km of trails within the estate.
While staying in Montaione, visit Florence, Siena, Pisa and Lucca
Florence : Piazza del Duomo, Bruneschelli’s dome and the baptistery. Galeria degli Uffizi : works by Botticelli, Michael Angelo, Titian... Palace of the Renaissance : San Lorenzo, Palazzo Medici, Palazzo Pitti, Boboli gardens
Siena : Piazza del Campo, Palazzo Pubblico, Le Duomo (gothic cathedral)
Montepulciano : one of the highest hill-side villages in Tuscany
Monteriggioni : fortified, medieval village
Region of Chianti : many wine-growing properties, which offer tasting sessions
Bagno Vignoni : Medieval village receiving water from the sulphurous hot springs of the region
Pisa : the leaning tower, Il Campo Santo, Piazza dei Cavalieri
Az. Agr. Castellare di Tonda
+33 825 273 273
Monday to friday : 9am/7pm
Saturday : 9am/6pm