At the entrance of the French ski resort of Valmeinier, you will the attractive Odalys ski residence Le Grand Panorama I offering ski holiday rentals close to a ski lift leading to a green slope and the rest of the Valmeinier ski area. Enjoy a family ski holiday in Valmeinier with its many advantages. A children’s toboggan run, snake gliss, dog sledding tours, night skiing and much more to keep an active family busy and happy... The Gallibier Thabor (Valmeinier / Valloire) ski area extends over no less than 89 ski runs covering 150km of snowy slopes particularly well adapted for beginners and intermediate skiers.
The Residence Le Grand Panorama 1 is located 500m from the main ski lifts and 800m from the centre of Valmeinier so you can easily enjoy the pleasant atmosphere in this beautiful traditional ski resort. If you prefer to stay in your residence, several apres-ski activities are available to relax and unwind such as enjoying a swim in the outdoor heated pool.
Outdoor, heated pool
Sauna (extra charge)
Billiards table (extra charge) - accessible during reception opening hours
Wifi access in all apartments (extra charge)
Indoor car park (extra charge)
Your Odalys residence in Valmeinier consists of holiday rentals in apartments and chalets ranging from studios with sleeping alcove for 4 people to 3-floor chalets for 10 people. The 115 studios and apartments are housed in 4 attractive wooden and stone buildings and there are 5 individual chalets and 12 semi-detached chalets.
All accommodation is tastefully decorated in a cozy chalet-style and has a functional kitchenette (ceramic hob, microwave / gril, dishwasher, etc), a bathroom or shower room with toilet. You have the possibility to rent a television in all holiday rentals. All accommodation has a balcony or terrace and Wifi access is available (at an extra charge).
Two studios with a shower room with toilet and five 1 bedroom apartments with sleeping alcove, bunk beds, 2 pull out beds in the living room, shower room with toilet are equipped to welcome guests with disabilities .
Ski area : Espace Galibier Thabor Valmeinier - Valloire (70% of ski area above 2000m)
Minimum altitude : 1500m - Maximum altitude : 2600m
- 89 slopes, 160km : 17 green, 30 blue, 34 red, 8 black
- 29 ski lifts: 2 cable cars, 17 chair lifts and 10 drag lifts
- Freestyle modules : 1 snowpark, “easy” parks, a boardercross
- 10km of cross-country skiing
The Espace Galibier Thabor is renowned for its excellent snow conditions, due to the fact that 70% of the ski slopes are above 2000m of altitude and also its network of 400 snow guns on the lower slopes and the daily maintenance of the ski runs. Skiing in the Galibier Thabor gives you a choice of 150 km of downhill ski slopes, with an altitude drop of 1170m. If you are new to skiing but wish to discover the sensations outside the beginner’s area, tandem ski are available to hire. For free riders, Valmeinier also offers an off-piste area of excellent quality, on the slopes of the Gros Crey and the Crey du Quart mountains.
A slalom run, fun skiing zones (easyparks, chrono zone, Arva park) and a snowpark, renowned as one of the best in Europe, with a halfpipe, a boardercross, moguls and slides, will delight those looking for extra pleasures and thrills of snow sports. For Nordic skiing fans, there are cross-country skiing tracks in Valloire, offering several circuits for differing levels. There are also specially trained ski instructors to teach the physically handicapped who also want to enjoy the pleasures of snow sports.
Take the time to discover the region and the different activities available in and around Valmeinier:
- Snow-shoe outings, Dog sledding
- Night skiing, Torchlight descent during the school holidays
- Microlighting, paragliding
- Speed riding, tobogganing, Snakegliss (sledge train)
- Mont Thabor farm
- Bowling, Cinema, disco
- Visit to discovery of the Savoyard heritage, outings with visit to a cheese manufacturer
- The Ecrins and the Vanoise national parks
- The village of Valmeinier
- "Espace Alu" museum on the era of aluminium in the Alps
- The Mont Thabor farm
- Museum of the Opinel knife and of costumes of the Maurienne region at Saint Jean de Maurienne
- The Baroque trails in the Haute Maurienne region
- Local gastronomy (tartiflette, croziflette, bilberry tart, cheese etc.)
- Local crafts
- Market in Valloire on Friday morning
Price in Euros, per accommodation and per stay
Prices valid until 15/10/2020 and subject to modification after this date.
Deposit to be paid on site on arrival : €300 / apartment
Deposit given back after inventory carried out on the day of departure or imprint destroyed within 48 hours.
Tourist tax to be paid on arrival : €1.40/person/day (valid for all guests over 18)
Eco tax to be paid on arrival : €0.20/person/day (valid for all guests over 18)
Check-in & check-out :
For Saturday arrivals, accommodation available from 5pm until 8pm.
Depending on reception opening hours, you have the possibility to check in during the afternoon but the keys will be supplied at 5pm.
In the case of late arrival please inform your residence before 8pm. You will be told the procedure to follow.
For Saturday departures, check-out by 10am
(Please make an appointment during the week for the inventory)
- Bed linen
- Access to the outdoor, heated swimming pool
- Individual ski lockers
Price guide only, subject to modification, to be paid on site
- TV rental (already installed in the apartments) : €8/day, €42/week, €5/day (over 1 week)
- Baby equipment (high chair, cot and baby bath) : €30/stay, €8/day
- Wifi access (2 devices only) : €8/day, €20/week, €30/2 weeks – Family pack (3 connections) : €35/week
- Bathroom linen (1 bath towel, 1 hand towel) : €9/set
- Cleaning kit : €6
- Sauna : €6/session/person, €25/5 sessions/person
- Billiards table : €2/game
- End of stay cleaning on request (except kitchen) : from €64/apartment
- Indoor car park (places limited, pre-booking with the residence advisable 3 weeks before arrival, disabled parking available) : €40/week
- Pets allowed*: €60/stay/animal (over 7 nights), €12/day/animal (under 7 nights)
* Please inform residence at the time of booking. Please supply proof of vaccinations. Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times within the residence grounds.
Please note :
• ID card or passport required for all guests (babies included). Drivers licence not valid.
• Please pay attention to your personal belongings and/or make use of the safe at reception (if applicable) during your stay. Odalys Vacances cannot be held responsible for damage or theft of personal belongings.
• Ski passes, preferential rates « Special Odalys »
Prices and info coming soon !
• Ski equipment, pre-book skis and snowboards with Odalys
Prices and info coming soon !
• Ski school, learn to ski for less
Prices and info coming soon !
Your holiday at a discount !
Make the most of a 20% discount on your accommodation for all 2-week bookings from 04/07 to 22/08/20
Convivial holidays, to suit your tastes with services included or à la carte plus avantages with our local partners !
For a sélection of establishments, try our new « online check-in » service : on arrival, no need to go via reception to check in !More info
Choose our shared payment option : no need to pay upfront, everyone pays their share for your holiday together !More info