At the entrance of the French ski resort of Valmeinier, you will the attractive Odalys ski residence Le Grand Panorama I offering ski holiday rentals close to a ski lift leading to a green slope and the rest of the Valmeinier ski area. Enjoy a family ski holiday in Valmeinier with its many advantages. A children’s toboggan run, snake gliss, dog sledding tours, night skiing and much more to keep an active family busy and happy... The Gallibier Thabor (Valmeinier / Valloire) ski area extends over no less than 89 ski runs covering 150km of snowy slopes particularly well adapted for beginners and intermediate skiers.
The Residence Le Grand Panorama 1 is located 500m from the main ski lifts and 800m from the centre of Valmeinier so you can easily enjoy the pleasant atmosphere in this beautiful traditional ski resort. If you prefer to stay in your residence, several apres-ski activities are available to relax and unwind such as enjoying a swim in the outdoor heated pool.
Outdoor, heated pool
Sauna (extra charge)
Billiards table (extra charge) - accessible during reception opening hours
Wifi access in all apartments
Indoor car park (extra charge)
Your Odalys residence in Valmeinier consists of holiday rentals in apartments and chalets ranging from studios with sleeping alcove for 4 people to 3-floor chalets for 10 people. The 115 studios and apartments are housed in 4 attractive wooden and stone buildings and there are 5 individual chalets and 12 semi-detached chalets.
All accommodation is tastefully decorated in a cozy chalet-style and has a functional kitchenette (ceramic hob, microwave / gril, dishwasher, etc), a bathroom or shower room with toilet. All accommodation has a balcony or terrace, TV and Wifi.
Three 1-2 bedroom apartments for 5/6 people are equipped to welcome guests with disabilities .
Ski area : Espace Galibier Thabor Valmeinier - Valloire (70% of ski area above 2000m)
Minimum altitude : 1500m - Maximum altitude : 2750m
- 89 slopes, 160km : 17 green, 30 blue, 34 red, 8 black
- 29 ski lifts: 2 cable cars, 17 chair lifts and 10 drag lifts
- Freestyle modules : 1 snowpark, “easy” parks, a boardercross
- 10km of cross-country skiing
The Espace Galibier Thabor is renowned for its excellent snow conditions, due to the fact that 70% of the ski slopes are above 2000m of altitude and also its network of 400 snow guns on the lower slopes and the daily maintenance of the ski runs. Skiing in the Galibier Thabor gives you a choice of 160 km of downhill ski slopes, with an altitude drop of 1170m. If you are new to skiing but wish to discover the sensations outside the beginner’s area, tandem ski are available to hire. For free riders, Valmeinier also offers an off-piste area of excellent quality, on the slopes of the Gros Crey and the Crey du Quart mountains.
A slalom run, fun skiing zones (easyparks, chrono zone, Arva park) and a snowpark, renowned as one of the best in Europe, with a halfpipe, a boardercross, moguls and slides, will delight those looking for extra pleasures and thrills of snow sports. For Nordic skiing fans, there are cross-country skiing tracks in Valloire, offering several circuits for differing levels. There are also specially trained ski instructors to teach the physically handicapped who also want to enjoy the pleasures of snow sports.
Take the time to discover the region and the different activities available in and around Valmeinier:
- Snow-shoe outings, Dog sledding
- Night skiing, Torchlight descent during the school holidays
- Microlighting, paragliding
- Speed riding, tobogganing, Snakegliss (sledge train)
- Mont Thabor farm
- Bowling, Cinema, disco
- Visit to discovery of the Savoyard heritage, outings with visit to a cheese manufacturer
- The Ecrins and the Vanoise national parks
- The village of Valmeinier
- "Espace Alu" museum on the era of aluminium in the Alps
- The Mont Thabor farm
- Museum of the Opinel knife and of costumes of the Maurienne region at Saint Jean de Maurienne
- The Baroque trails in the Haute Maurienne region
- Local gastronomy (tartiflette, croziflette, bilberry tart, cheese etc.)
- Local crafts
- Market in Valloire on Friday morning
Price in Euros, per accommodation and per stay
Deposit to be paid on site on arrival : €300 / apartment
Deposit given back after inventory carried out on the day of departure or imprint destroyed within 48 hours.
Check-in & check-out :
For Saturday arrivals, accommodation available from 5pm until 8pm.
Depending on reception opening hours, you have the possibility to check in during the afternoon but the keys will be supplied at 5pm.
In the case of late arrival please inform your residence before 8pm. You will be told the procedure to follow.
For Saturday departures, check-out by 10am
(Please make an appointment during the week for the inventory)
Rental Formula (1 week or more) :
- Bed linen
- Wifi in the apartments
- Access to the outdoor, heated swimming pool
- Individual ski lockers
- End of stay cleaning included* (except kitchen and washing up)
* End of stay cleaning is included in our rates. However, please note that all accommodation must be left tidy and clean. In the event that accommodation requires a cleaning intervention other than that described in our booking conditions, this will be at the client’s charge and will be deducted from the deposit.
”Escapade” Formula (short stay)
- Services included in rental formula
- Bed linen
- Bathroom linen
Price guide only, subject to modification, to be paid on site
- Baby equipment (high chair, cot and baby bath) : €35/stay, €9/day
- Bathroom linen (1 bath towel, 1 hand towel) : €10/set
- Cleaning kit : €6
- Sauna : €9/session/person, €40/5 sessions/person
- Billiards table : €2/game
- Indoor car park (places limited, pre-booking with the residence advisable 3 weeks before arrival, disabled parking available) : €40/week
- Pets allowed*: €70/stay/animal (over 7 nights), €15/day/animal (under 7 nights)
* Please inform residence at the time of booking. Please supply proof of vaccinations. Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times within the residence grounds.
Please note :
• ID card or passport required for all guests (babies included). Drivers licence not valid.
• Please pay attention to your personal belongings and/or make use of the safe at reception (if applicable) during your stay. Odalys Vacances cannot be held responsible for damage or theft of personal belongings.
Make the most of our Refund Guaranteed offer and cancel right up to the day you leave with NO cancellation fees in the event of restrictions linked to the COVID health situation*.
• Ski passes, preferential rates « Special Odalys »
Discounts up to 26% on ski passes by booking online with your accommodation (at the latest 5 days before arrival date). Free ski passes for children under 5 years old and special rates for people over 75 years old onsite (photo ID requested for all passes). Offer cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions. Discounts valid on pre-bookings only.
Free Kids Passes : Spring skiing
From 08/04/23 buy 1 adult 6-day ski pass and get 1 FREE 6-day child ski pass for children up to 12 years old incl., (photo ID required).Valid for pre-bookings made before 05/04/23
• Ski equipment, pre-book skis and snowboards with Odalys
Odalys special deals with our local partner offering discounts up to 50% for full equipment packages (skis, ski poles, boots).
• Ski school, learn to ski for less
Discounts up to 15% off the public price (outside French school holiday periods) for group ski lessons (downhill skiing, Nordic skiing, Snowboarding in some resorts) for the 2022/23 ski season. Offer valid on pre-bookings only made at the latest 15 days before arrival date. Tel: +33 (0)4 79 59 23 70 - firstname.lastname@example.org
• Bakery delivery service, available in our residence
Information and prices onsite.
For all cancellations or modifications carried out because of the Covid-19 crisis, payments for accommodations and extra services will be 100% refunded.More Info
For all establishments, our « online check-in » service is now available : on arrival, no need to go via reception to check in !More Info
Choose our shared payment option : no need to pay upfront, everyone pays their share for your holiday together !More info