Saint Francois Longchamp, a charming ski resort in the French Alps is set at the foot of the famous Col de la Madeleine, in a magnificent location, between the Lauziere and the Cheval Noir mountains. Linking the Maurienne and Tarentaise valleys, the Grand Domaine ski area is the 5th largest ski area in the Savoy region offering over 165km of snowy slopes for all levels. Built around two small villages, Saint Francois and Longchamp, this ski resort has managed to keep its former charm, while presenting contemporary architecture and up-to-date equipment. You will particularly appreciate the superb views of the Belledonne, Oisans and Mont Blanc mountain while on your ski holiday in Saint Francois Longchamp.
Ski area : Saint Francois Longchamp
- 34 slopes, 70 km : 10 green, 13 blue, 8 red, 3 black
- 16 ski lifts: 7 drag lifts, 7 chair lifts and 2 magic carpets
- Freestyle modules : 1 snow park and 1 boardercross
The Saint Francois Longchamp ski area offers around 70km of ski slopes and is more adapted to family skiing with less challenges for expert skiers. There is, however, a small snow park and a boardercross.
Ski area : Le Grand Domaine Saint François Longchamp / Valmorel
Minimum altitude : 1450m - Maximum altitude : 2550m
- 90 slopes, 165 km : 24 green, 39 blue, 19 red, 8 black
- 49 ski lifts: 26 drag lifts, 14 chair lifts, 3 cable cars, 2 chair lift cabins, 4 magic carpets
- Freestyle modules : 1 snow park and 1 boardercross
- 315 snow cannons
The Grand Domaine ski area links the resorts of Saint Francois Longchamp, Valmorel and Doucy Combelouviere and is one of the largest ski areas in the Savoy region. Around 165km of ski slopes well adapted to all different levels are on offer. The ski area is equipped with 315 snow cannons to top up the snow and keep the slopes in good condition when necessary.
For Nordic skiing lovers, the ‘Grand Coin’ zone, 15km from Saint Francois Longchamp, offers cross-country skiers 40km of tracks linking charming little mountain villages such as Montpascal and Le Chatel. A chance to discover the beautiful landscapes and forests of the Savoy region.
The ski area also has a snow park and a boardercross with rails, half pipes, etc.
For a dream ski holiday, book a ski holiday rental in St Francois Longchamp in the Odalys Residence Balcons du Soleil, ideally located in the upper part of the ski resort. Well located in this Savoyard village, you will be 800m from the resort centre where all amenities are located: ski schools, ski lifts and shops and a free shuttle service is available at the foot of your ski residence. Via the ski room of the residence, you can reach the ski slopes of the Grande Domaine ski area.
Saint Francois Longchamp is a popular French ski resort with a pleasant atmosphere and a wide variety of leisure and recreational facilities such as the spa centre and fun activities such as tobogganing, dogs sleigh rides, etc. Furthermore you will enjoy the exceptional environment in this charming ski resort with a beautiful view on the mountains of Mont Blanc, Belledonne and Oisans. The Grand Domaine ski area has 90 beautiful, varied ski runs on 165km of slopes as well as 40km of tracks dedicated to cross-country skiers.
Laundry facilities (extra charge)
Wifi access (extra charge)
Built in a traditional chalet-style with wooden facades, this attractive residence offers holiday rentals over 6 floors (with lift). From 1 bedroom apartments for 4 people to 3 bedroom apartments for 8 people, you have the choice of accommodation for your holiday in St Francois Longchamp in Savoy.
Nicely decorated and well-equipped, all holiday rentals have a kitchenette (microwave/grill, dishwasher, etc), a bathroom or shower room with toilet and a balcony. You have the possibility to rent a television and Wifi access is available (extra charge).
Three 1 bedroom apartments for 4 people are equipped to welcome guests with disabilities. Parking spaces outside the residence.
|Accommodation type||From 19/02/2018
2-bedroom apartment 6 persons
[en-GB plus d'infos]
Book Now >
Book Now >
Book Now >
Price in Euros, per accommodation and per stay
Deposit to be paid on site on arrival : €300 / apartment (2 payments : apartment + cleaning)
Deposit given back after inventory carried out on the day of departure
Tourist tax to be paid on arrival : €1.10/person/day (valid for all guests over 18 years old)
Eco tax to be paid on arrival : €0.20/person/day
Check-in & check-out :
For Saturday arrivals, accommodation available from 5pm. Depending on reception opening hours, you have the possibility to check in during the afternoon but the keys will be supplied at 5pm. In the case of late arrival please inform your residence before 8pm. You will be told the procedure to follow.
For Saturday departures, check-out by 10am. (please make an appointment for the inventory on Thursday morning)
- Accommodation rental
- Bed linen
- Outdoor parking
- Ski lockers
Price guide only, subject to modification, to be paid on site
- TV rental (already installed in the apartments) : €8/day, €40/week, €5/day (over 1 week)
- Baby equipment (high chair, cot and baby bath) (pre-booking required) : €25/stay, €8/day
- Wifi access (2 connections only) : €8/day, €20/week, €30/2 weeks – Family pack (4 connections) : €35/week
- Laundry facilities : prices on site
- Extra bed linen : €12/set
- Bathroom linen (1 bath towel, 1 hand towel) : €7.50/set
- Cleaning kit : €6
- End of stay cleaning on request (except kitchen) : from €60/apartment (payment possible by cash, cheque, bank card)
- Pets allowed*: €50/stay/animal (over 7 nights), €10/day/animal (under 7 nights)
* Please inform residence at the time of booking. Please supply proof of vaccinations. Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times within the residence grounds.
Please note :
• ID card or passport required for all guests (babies included). Drivers licence not valid.
• Please pay attention to your personal belongings and/or make use of the safe at reception (if applicable) during your stay. Odalys Vacances cannot be held responsible for damage or theft of personal belongings.
Christmas Offer : Free kid's ski passes
For arrivals on 23/12/17 (pre-booking required before 12/12/17) : buy one 6-day adult ski pass and get 1 FREE 6-day child ski pass (under 10 years old, ID requested). Offer vaild for pre-bookings only, Pass card €2/child.
Free Kids Ski Passes
From 31/03/17, all 6-day child ski passes are FREE (Under 10 years old, ID requested) with no obligation to purchase an adult ski pass.
Offer valid for pre-bookings only. Pass card €5/child included.
- Bakery delivery service at reception (to be ordered and paid for the day before)
Activities available in and around the resort of Saint Francois Longchamp:
- Balnoetherapy centre, including massage, beauty treatment, osteopathy, etc
- Skating rink
- Free style competition
- Sledging race
- Snow shoeing
- Torchlight descents
- Dog sleigh outings
- Speed Riding
- Cross country runs 15 km away : Nordic Zone of the Grand Coin (40km of slopes)
- Bar and bowling
- Shows and afternoon teas for children
- Museum visit (Opinel) at Saint Jean de Maurienne.
• Ski passes, preferential rates « Special Odalys »
Discounts up to 38% on ski passes by booking online with your accommodation (at the latest 5 days before arrival date). Free ski passes for children under 5 years old and people over 75 years old (ID requested). Offer cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions. Discounts valid on pre-bookings only.
• Ski equipment, book skis and snowboards with Odalys
Odalys special deals with our local partner offering discounts up to 50% for pre-bookings and up to 30% for onsite hire (depending on dates) for full equipment packages (skis, ski poles, boots).
• Ski school, learn to ski for less
Discounts of 10% off the public price for group ski lessons (downhill skiing, Nordic skiing, Snowboarding) for the 2017/2018 season. Age groups, days and hours vary in different schools. Offer valid on pre-bookings only at the latest 15 days before arrival date. Tel: +33 (0)4 79 59 10 73 - firstname.lastname@example.org
• Holiday grocery baskets, save time ! Your shopping delivered for your arrival
Fill your fridge without going shopping ! Your week's groceries delivered for your arrival.
By reservation at the time of booking (or minimum 3 days before arrival).
• Resort’s « Famille Plus » award, all your family leisure and sports activities on your ski holidays
Book your family ski holidays in the family-friendly ski resort of Saint François Longchamp awarded with the « Famille Plus » label.
- The Glacier de l’Etendard
- Stunning view from the summit of the Lauzière
Résidence Odalys Les Balcons du Soleil
73130 ST FRANCOIS LONGCHAMP
Sunday to Friday : 8am-10am and 4pm-7pm
Saturday : 2pm-8pm
Wednesday : Closed
+33 825 273 273
Monday to friday : 9am/7pm
Saturday : 9am/6pm