Strasbourg, the capital of Alsace and home to the European parliament, is one of the most beautiful towns in Europe, with its famous cathedral, decorated with intricate and detailed sculptures. A town situated on the border between France and Germany, on the left bank of the Rhine, Strasbourg possesses an extremely rich bi-cultural history and heritage. For this reason the town centre has been classified as a Unesco world heritage site. Because of its geographical and political situation, it is one of the most important economic centres in France. In any season, Strasbourg is a delightful, lively town to visit for a weekend away or short break with family or friends.
Gastronomy in Strasbourg is more than a simple way of life, it is a culture, nourished by centuries of tradition, constantly renewed, fuelled by the talent of great chefs and enthusiasm of restaurant-owners. Choucroute (sauercraut), baeckeoffe, tarte flambée (flammekeusche), spaetzle, foie gras... these traditional specialities are to be sampled above all in the "winstubs", little taverns, with a warm and friendly atmosphere. Strasbourg is characterised by its hundreds of restaurants and bars, open to new trends and to an international cuisine.
For a weekend away or short break in Alsace, the Odalys Apart'hotel Green Marsh, situated right in the very centre of Strasbourg, offers nicely decorated, air-conditioned holiday rentals. This Apart'hotel is located behind the Place des Halles', with over 100 shops, just 500m from the TGV station and just steps from the tramway station « Faubourg de Saverne ». The centre of Strasbourg, listed world heritage site, is full of wonderful sites to see and visit and if you have the time, don't miss the castles, lakes and parks in the region around the town.
Well-being area : pool, equipped with massage jets, hammam, showers (extra charge)
Indoor car park (extra charge)
The Odalys Apart'hotel Green Marsh has a breakfast room
The holiday rentals in the Odalys Apart'hotel Green Marsh sleep 2 to 4 people and all have air-conditioning and are equipped with a kitchenette (ceramc hob, fridge / freezer, extractor hood, microwave / grill and dishwasher), a bathroom or shower room with hair-dryer and heated towel rail and toilet. Free TV and WiFi in all accommodation.
3 studios "Espace" for 2 people are equipped to welcome guests with disabilities.
Well-being area (with entrance fee)
While on Holiday in Strasbourg, don't miss the following sites in the town centre:
- Notre Dame cathedral, a marvel of Gothic art
- La Maison Kammerzell, travel in time
- La Petite France area of the town, surrounded by water
- The church of Saint Thomas, the protestant church of Saint Pierre le Jeune
- Le Krutenau, la place de la République, the Synagogue of Peace
- The banks of the river Ill, the "Egyptian" house
- The European Institutions: the Council of Europe, the Human Rights' palace, European Parliament
- Palais Rohan (museum of decorative art, fine art and archaeology),
- Notre Dame, Alsatian Museum, Museum of modern and contemporary art, historical museum of the town of Strasbourg, Zoological Museum , the Museum of Tomi Ungerer (International Centre of Illustration)
- "Le Vaisseau" (fun science), the Planetarium, Chocolate Museum, Museum of Mineralogy
- Botanical gardens, garden of the 2 banks, the Orangery park, Parc of the Citadel (former fortified square), Pourtalès Park
• Free Wifi, within the Apart'hotel
Stay connected during your city holiday thanks to the free Wifi connection available
• Free TV with BeIn, in your Apart'hotel
• Odalys well-being (entrance fee) … pool, hammam, etc...
• Apart'hotel, in town centre
While on holiday in Strasbourg, visit some of the sites in the area:
Vineyards - the wine route, covers 170km including all the wine-growing villages of the region
Lakes, mountains and the stunning landscapes
Towns and the villages in the area
The Regional Park of the Northern Vosges is classified a world reserve of the Biosphere
The Roman Route links together the most famous sites of Roman art in Alsace
Appart'hôtel Odalys Green Marsh
27/29 rue du Marais Vert
Tel: +33 (0)3 90 20 45 45
+33 825 273 273
Monday to friday : 9am/7pm
Saturday : 9am/6pm