Vars is a popular resort in the Hautes Alpes offering a series of traditional little hamlets, of a typically mountainous nature, alongside a large resort, which is dynamic and lively. So during your holiday in the mountains, you can discover the heritage and traditions of the Southern Alps at the same time as making the most of the many and varied sporting and leisure activities available to you during your stay in Vars. A sunny resort situated close to the Queyras National Park, within the setting of an abundant and colourful nature, between meadows of flowers, mountain pastures, pine forests and high mountain peaks.
Ideally located in the French resort of Vars, the Odalys Residence Pra Sainte Marie, offers accommodation a short walk from the first shops and the village of Claux located 6km away. Vars, at the entrance of the Regional Natural Park of Queyras, is made up of 4 hamlets: St Marcellin, St Marie, St Catherine and Les Claux. An ideal mountain resort for a family summer holiday in the Southern French Alps.
Aquatic facilities :
- Swimming pool (80m²) with whirlpool bath
- 2 Hammam cabins
- Fitness room, showers and changing rooms
Wifi access in apartments (extra charge)
Laundry services (extra charge)
Underground car park (extra charge)
Free public car park opposite the residence
Located in the hamlet of Sainte Marie with shops a few minutes away and 6km from Vars, the Odalys Residence Pra Sainte Marie is ideally located on a hillside with pretty views. Equipped with all the necessary home comforts you need on your summer holidays in the mountains, you can choose from studios for 2 people to apartments for 6/7 people.
The fully furnished holiday rentals are equipped with a functional kitchenette (ceramic hob, microwave oven / grill, dishwasher [except for studios]), a bathroom or shower room. The apartments are equipped with TV and Wifi access (extra charge).
One 1-bedroom apartment for 4 people and two studios for 2 people are equipped for people with disabilities.
During your summer holiday in the mountains, in Vars, you can make the most of the many varied sporting and leisure activities available for the whole family :
- Hiking (departure by bus for full day; half-day; night time; glacier hike)
- Mountain biking, cycling (about 100km of circuits accessible via the chairlifts), quad biking
- Via ferrata
- Water sports on the Serre Ponçon lake, the second largest artificial lake in Europe
- White water sports: rafting, hydrospeed, canoeing
- Adventure course, skate park
- Go-ape adventure park
- Swimming pool
- Tennis, archery
- Horse riding
- Mini-golf, petanque
- Bouncy castle
- Spa, well-being centre
• Indoor, heated swimming pool, to enjoy a swim whatever the weather !
• Free guided hikes, with Odalys hiking guide !
A summer holiday in Vars allows you to discover the magnificent heritage of the Hautes Alpes :
- In Vars : the hamlets of Saint Marcellin (remains of the chateau, the protestant temple, the 13th century church), Sainte Marie (ecumenical centre), Sainte Catherine (ancient farms, the sun dial, the wash house, the communal oven) and Les Claux.
- The « Petrified fountain »
- The fortified square of Montdauphin (Vauban)
- The Haute Ubaye
- The Queyras regional nature park : Saint Véran (the highest village in Europe), Molines, Abriès, Ceillac...
- The abbey of Boscodon
- Embrun and the Serre Ponçon lake
- The ”Grandes Alpes” route
Lieu-dit Sainte Marie
Telephone : +33 (0)4 92 50 81 95
Every day except Saturday: 8am-10am and 4pm-7pm
+33 825 273 273
Monday to friday : 9am/7pm
Saturday : 9am/6pm