Cauterets is an elegant ski resort in the Pyrenees with all the charm of a small village and the advantages of a dynamic town. Cauterets, also a thermal resort, allows you to combine a well-being holiday, thanks to the quality of its thermal waters and bracing climate, with a ski holiday in the Pyrenees. Cauterets gives access to two ski areas : the Cirque du Lys, accessible by cable car and the Pont d’Espagne 7 kilometres from Cauterets. Dominated by the mythical Vignemale mountain, the highest peak in the French Pyrenees, Cauterets is in an outstanding location where the beauty of the landscapes of the Hautes Pyrenees region will take your breathe away.
Ski area : Cirque de Lys (Alpine skiing, snowboard)
- Minimum altitude : 1730 m - Maximum altitude : 2450 m
- 19 slopes, 35km : 4 green, 7 blue, 7 red, 2 black
- 12 ski lifts
- Freestyle modules : 1 snow park, 3 freestyle zones
Ski area : Pont d’Espagne
- Minimum altitude : 1500 m - Maximum altitude : 1730 m
- 4 slopes, 4km : 2 green, 1 red, 1 black
- 2 drag lifts, 1 chair lift
- 36.5km of cross-country skiing tracks, made up of 5 circuits, 6km of marked snow-shoeing trails
- 6 km of snow-shoeing and footpaths
The ski resort of Cauterets, in the Pyrenees, offers two ski areas for your ski holiday. The ski area of the Cirque de Lys offers 35km of ski slopes for all levels, with exceptional snow conditions. 20 pistes are accessible from Cauterets by means of the Lys cable car in just 12 minutes. Ski in a superb setting, with a beautiful view of the village of Cauterets, of the valley and the peaks of the mountain range of the Pyrenees. Freestyle fans will appreciate its wonderful snow park which is recognised as one of the best in France.
Another ski area accessible from Cauterets, is the small Pont d’Espagne ski area. This ski area is especially reputed for its cross-country skiing and snow-shoeing at the heart of the unspoilt and magnificent natural setting of the Pyrenees national park. This site, situated 7km from the Cauterets also offers a smallalpine ski area, perfectly suitable for family skiing and for beginners.
Why not combine a ski holiday with a well-being holiday this winter ? Book a ski holiday rental in Cauterets in this thermal resort in the Pyrenees in the Odalys Residence Balneo Aladin situated only 200m from the cable car. From your ski holiday rental you will have easy access to the Cauterets ski area with 70km of wonderful snowy slopes for all levels.
The ski resort of Cauterets is nestled at 950m of altitude opposite the Vignemale mountain which is the highest peak in the Pyrenees. There are plenty of modern facilities and activities for the whole family and you have the opportunity to benefit from the natural thermal springs of the resort and relax tired muscles after a day on the ski slopes.
Wifi in apartments and lounge (extra charge)
Free Wifi in hotel rooms
Indoor children’s play area “La Verrière Enchantée” (3-13 years old, open 4-9pm in winter)
Indoor car park (pre-booking required due to limited spaces)
Individual ski lockers
The Residence Balneo Aladin has a bar and restaurant and you have 2 different formulas:
- 7 evening meals
- half board
You have the choice of 2 formulas Christmas Special and New Year during the relevant periods.
Please note :
- First meal = dinner on day of arrival, last meal = breakfast on day of departure. All meals are served as a buffet in high season and as plated meals in low season. Animals are not allowed in the restaurant or bar area.
- Hotel formula : Christmas & New Year's Eve (cocktails, Entertainment, dinner, disco - drinks not included)
The Odalys Hotel Residence Balneo Aladin is a modern complex in a 5-storey building with lift in the centre of Cauterets. There are 130 holiday rentals ranging from bedrooms for 2/4 people, studios for 2 people to apartments for 12 people. Some accommodation is duplex.
Well-equipped with all the necessary home comforts for your mountain holiday in the Pyrenees, the hotel bedrooms all have a bathroom or shower room with toilet, a balcony (for some rooms) and free television and Wifi access. The apartments have a functional kitchenette (electric or ceramic hob, microwave/grill, etc), a bathroom or shower room with toilet and a balcony (for most apartments). You have the possibility to rent a television and have Wifi access (at an extra charge). Upper bunks are not suitable for children under 6
Two studios for 2 people and three bedrooms for 2 people are adapted to welcome guests with disabilities.
Price in euros, per apartment and per stay
Tourist tax not included
Arrivals and Departures : consult our residence
Get away formula "Escapade" :
- Apartment rental
- Bed and bathroom linen
- TV rental
- End of stay cleaning, except kitchen area and dishwasher
- Registration costs free for 1 to 3 nights stays
"Guarantie and Tourist tax to be payed on the permises. Guarantie is given back the day of your departure or sent by mail.
Pets admitted : up-to-date vaccination certificate and tattoo required. Dogs are to be kept on a lead within the residence."
- Cot (without sheets) and high chair on request
- Iron, ironing board & hair dryer on loan
- Free outdoor parking 150m from the residence
- 2 lifts : one in hotel and one in residence
- Spa facilities
- 3-D cinema
- Multimedia library
- Snow shoeing
- Ice fall
- Nordic walking
- Tennis courts
- Climbing wall
- Petanque area
- Skate park
- Covered, heated swimming pool
- Covered, natural skating rink
- Free "CityCab" shuttle
• Seminars, meetings... organise your business meetings with Odalys
Meeting rooms available for 18 to 100 people (theatre style), 7 conference rooms for 10-20 people.
• Bon appetit ! Choose from our different formulas: 7 evening meals, half-board
The Hotel Residence Balneo Aladin offers the following formulas:
- 7 evening meals : €168 (adults + children over 14) - €119 (children 9-13) - €70 (children 4-8)
- half-board : €238 (adults + children over 14) - €175 (children 9-13) - €119 (children 4-8)
Special formulas : Christmas week:
- 7 evening meals : €193 (adults + children over 14) - €134 (children 9-13) - €82 (children 4-8)
- half-board : €263 (adults + children over 14) - €190 (children 9-13) - €131 (children 4-8)
New Year week:
- 7 evening meals : €238 (adults + children over 14) - €144 (children 9-13) - €90 (children 4-8)
- half-board : €308 (adults + children over 14) - €200 (children 9-13) - €139 (children 4-8)
Please note: No charge for children under 4 years old if accompanied by a paying adult.
• Odalys Well-being, Sauna, hammam, whirlpool… discover our offers !
Free access for Odalys guests to the well-being centre in the residence (800m²).
5 heated swimming pools (heated 32°C) one of which is outside, water jets, whirlpool, water jets, whirlpool, hammam, sauna, etc). Open from : 02/12/2017 to 05/05/18.
• Ski passes, preferential rates « Special Odalys »
Discounts up to 15% on ski passes by booking online with your accommodation (at the latest 5 days before arrival date). Free ski passes for children under 5 years old and people over 75 years old (ID requested). Offer cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions. Discounts valid on pre-bookings only.
• Ski equipment, pre-book skis and snowboards with Odalys
Odalys special deals with our local partner offering discounts up to 50% (depending on dates) for full equipment packages (skis, ski poles, boots). Ski helmet and Ski Republic insurance included.
• Ski school, learn to ski for less
Discounts up to 20% off the public price for group ski lessons (downhill skiing, Nordic skiing, Snowboarding). Age groups, days and hours vary in different schools. Offer valid on pre-bookings only made at the latest 15 days before arrival date. Tel: +33 (0)5 62 91 95 42 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sulphurous springs and thermal baths
The thermal baths : rich in silica, sulphur and trace elements, the thermal waters of Cauterets, which are warm and plentiful, are particularly beneficial for breathing problems and for rheumatism.
Information on: 05 62 92 51 60
- National Park museum (free visit of the fauna and the flora)
- Bee house
- Manufacture of "berlingots", a speciality of Cauterets
- Church at Cauterets
- Fish farl
- The Pont d'Espagne, to admire the majestic Gaube lake and the Vignemale, the highest peak in the French Pyrenees.
- The Cirque du Lys for the grandiose views of the main peaks in the mountain range
- Cauterets railway station, a historical monument
- The Casino
- Local craftsmanship : paintings and wood carvings, painted furniture, metal work, etc…
Hôtel Résidence Odalys
11 Avenue du Général Leclerc
Hotel & residence : 24 hours/day (high season)
+33 825 273 273
Monday to friday : 9am/7pm
Saturday : 9am/6pm