At the heart of the Maurienne Valley in France, the ski resort of Valmeinier is an attractive village resort situated at an altitude of 1500m in the Northern Alps. Bordered by the national parks of the Vanoise and the Ecrins, this unspoilt, authentic winter sports destination is the ideal choice for a relaxed ski holiday with family or friends where you can enjoy skiing in a remarkably sunny ski area, the Galibier Thabor ski area with spectacular views, dominated by the Mont Thabor and the famous Galibier mountain. Around 70% of the ski area is located above 2000m of altitude guaranteeing excellent snow conditions throughout the winter season.
Ski area : Espace Galibier Thabor Valmeinier - Valloire (70% of ski area above 2000m)
Minimum altitude : 1500m - Maximum altitude : 2600m
- 89 slopes, 150km : 20 green, 28 blue, 32 red, 9 black
- 30 ski lifts: 2 cable cars, 17 chair lifts and 11 drag lifts
- Freestyle modules : 1 snowpark, “easy” parks, a boardercross
- 10km of cross-country skiing
The Espace Galibier Thabor is renowned for its excellent snow conditions, due to the fact that 70% of the ski slopes are above 2000m of altitude and also its network of 400 snow guns on the lower slopes and the daily maintenance of the ski runs. Skiing in the Galibier Thabor gives you a choice of 150 km of downhill ski slopes, with an altitude drop of 1170m. If you are new to skiing but wish to discover the sensations outside the beginner’s area, tandem ski are available to hire. For free riders, Valmeinier also offers an off-piste area of excellent quality, on the slopes of the Gros Crey and the Crey du Quart mountains.
A slalom run, fun skiing zones (easyparks, chrono zone, Arva park) and a snowpark, renowned as one of the best in Europe, with a halfpipe, a boardercross, moguls and slides, will delight those looking for extra pleasures and thrills of snow sports. For Nordic skiing fans, there are cross-country skiing tracks in Valloire, offering several circuits for differing levels. There are also specially trained ski instructors to teach the physically handicapped who also want to enjoy the pleasures of snow sports.
This charming, traditional ski chalet is located in a quiet setting in a tiny hamlet 1km from the ski resort of Valmeinier 1500, giving visitors the possibility to enjoy the many varied sporting and cultural activities on offer in Valmeinier but also allowing the chance to appreciate the peace and quiet of this delightful location.
Car park (20m from the chalet)
This charming, spacious chalet on 3 floors sleeping up to 12 people consists of a living room with TV and sofa, dining room with open fireplace, and an equipped kitchen with dishwasher, oven, microwave, coffee machine, fridge, kettle, etc.) and 4 bedrooms.
|Accommodation type||From 16/12/2017
Private chalet 12 persons
[en-GB plus d'infos]
Book Now >
Book Now >
Price in Euros, per accommodation, per week
Deposit to be paid on site on arrival by credit card or cash : €1500
Deposit given back after inventory carried out on the day of departure or sent by post if departure outside opening hours.
Please leave chalet clean and tidy or a cleaning fee will be retained.
Tourist tax to be paid on arrival : €1.65/day/person (valid for all guests over 12 years old)
Check-in & check-out :
Check-in from 4pm.
In the case of late arrival please telephone as soon as possible. You will be told the procedure to follow.
Check-out by 10am.
- Accommodation rental
- Bed linen & tea towels
- Baby Equipment (pre-booking required)
- Wifi access
- Outdoor ski lockers
Price guide only, subject to modification, to be paid on site
- Bathroom linen : €7/set
- End of stay cleaning : €150
- Fire wood : 1 lot free, €20/extra lot
- Pets allowed*: €30/stay/animal
* Please supply proof of vaccinations.
Take the time to discover the region and the different activities available in and around Valmeinier:
- Ice falls
- Snow-shoe outings, Dog sledding
- Night skiing, Torchlight descent during the school holidays
- Microlighting, paragliding
- Speed riding, tobogganing, Snakegliss (sledge train), Tandemski
- Health and fitness centre
- Bowling, Cinema
- Visit to discovery of the Savoyard heritage, outings with visit to a cheese manufacturer
- The Ecrins and the Vanoise national parks
- The village of Valmeinier
- "Espace Alu" museum on the era of aluminium in the Alps
- The Mont Thabor farm
- Museum of the Opinel knife and of costumes of the Maurienne region at Saint Jean de Maurienne
- The Baroque trails in the Haute Maurienne region
- Local gastronomy (tartiflette, croziflette, bilberry tart, cheese etc.)
- Local crafts
- Market in Valloire on Friday morning
Chalet La Torelière
Please contact your Odalys representative (Karine Noraz +33 (0)6 25 23 84 92) 5 days before your arrival to organise a meeting point to pick up your keys.
+33 825 273 273
Monday to friday : 9am/7pm
Saturday : 9am/6pm