Ski holiday rentals in the heart of the French ski resort Valmeinier in the Odalys Residence L'Ours Blanc. This ski residence is in a beautiful location only 200m from the ski slopes giving you easy access to the the beautiful Galibier Thabor (Valmeinier / Valloire) ski area. With 150km of slopes, located between 1500 and 2600m of altitude, you will enjoy superb skiing conditions on the 89 varied ski runs. With 70% of the ski area above 2000m you are guaranteed exceptional snow throughout the ski season.
The Odalys Residence L'Ours Blanc is just 50m from the shops so you are in the perfect spot to enjoy the warm and friendly atmosphere of this popular French ski resort. Valmeinier has the charm of a traditional mountain village but offers exceptional skiing and modern infrastructures meaning you won’t lack anything on your ski holidays in France.
Billiards table (extra charge)
Wifi access in apartments (extra charge)
Outdoor parking near residence
Your residence consists of 62 holiday rentals in an attractive building blending in perfectly with the mountain style of the village of Valmeinier. Apartments range from studios for 4 people to 2 bedroom mezzanine apartments for 8 people.
Each holiday rental is nicely decorated and equipped with all the necessary home comforts for your mountain holiday. All accommodation has a kitchenette (microwave, dishwasher, etc), a bathroom or shower room and separate toilet. You have the possibility to rent a television in all holiday rentals. You can enjoy the pleasant views from your terrace or balcony. Wifi access is available (at an extra charge) in the accommodation.
Ski area : Espace Galibier Thabor Valmeinier - Valloire (70% of ski area above 2000m)
Minimum altitude : 1500m - Maximum altitude : 2600m
- 89 slopes, 160km : 17 green, 30 blue, 34 red, 8 black
- 29 ski lifts: 2 cable cars, 17 chair lifts and 10 drag lifts
- Freestyle modules : 1 snowpark, “easy” parks, a boardercross
- 10km of cross-country skiing
The Espace Galibier Thabor is renowned for its excellent snow conditions, due to the fact that 70% of the ski slopes are above 2000m of altitude and also its network of 400 snow guns on the lower slopes and the daily maintenance of the ski runs. Skiing in the Galibier Thabor gives you a choice of 150 km of downhill ski slopes, with an altitude drop of 1170m. If you are new to skiing but wish to discover the sensations outside the beginner’s area, tandem ski are available to hire. For free riders, Valmeinier also offers an off-piste area of excellent quality, on the slopes of the Gros Crey and the Crey du Quart mountains.
A slalom run, fun skiing zones (easyparks, chrono zone, Arva park) and a snowpark, renowned as one of the best in Europe, with a halfpipe, a boardercross, moguls and slides, will delight those looking for extra pleasures and thrills of snow sports. For Nordic skiing fans, there are cross-country skiing tracks in Valloire, offering several circuits for differing levels. There are also specially trained ski instructors to teach the physically handicapped who also want to enjoy the pleasures of snow sports.
Take the time to discover the region and the different activities available in and around Valmeinier:
- Snow-shoe outings, Dog sledding
- Night skiing, Torchlight descent during the school holidays
- Microlighting, paragliding
- Speed riding, tobogganing, Snakegliss (sledge train)
- Mont Thabor farm
- Bowling, Cinema, disco
- Visit to discovery of the Savoyard heritage, outings with visit to a cheese manufacturer
- The Ecrins and the Vanoise national parks
- The village of Valmeinier
- "Espace Alu" museum on the era of aluminium in the Alps
- The Mont Thabor farm
- Museum of the Opinel knife and of costumes of the Maurienne region at Saint Jean de Maurienne
- The Baroque trails in the Haute Maurienne region
- Local gastronomy (tartiflette, croziflette, bilberry tart, cheese etc.)
- Local crafts
- Market in Valloire on Friday morning
Price in Euros, per accommodation and per stay
Prices valid until 31/03/2020 and subject to modification after this date.
Deposit to be paid on site on arrival : €300 / apartment
Deposit given back after inventory carried out on the day of departure
Tourist tax to be paid on arrival : €1.40/person/day (valid for all guests over 18)
Eco tax to be paid on arrival : €0.20/person/day (valid for all guests over 18)
Check-in & check-out :
For Saturday arrivals, accommodation available from 5pm until 8pm. Depending on reception hours, you can check in earlier but the keys will be supplied at 5pm. In the case of late arrival please inform your residence before 8pm.
For Saturday departures, check-out by 10am (please fix an appointment during the week for the inventory)
« Faced with the completely exceptional situation that we are currently going through because of the COVID-19 epidemic and taking into account the latest government measures, the Odalys Group is adapting to the health measures recommended by the authorities in order to guarantee the health and safety and of all of its customers and employees and is strengthening hygiene measures in its establishments. As a result, the availability of some of our services on site is likely to be impacted. Depending on the establishment, the breakfast service, swimming pool, spa facilities and well-being areas, fitness room, children's club and entertainment services may be provided in full, in part only or may not be available depending on developments of the situation that we will follow day by day. We apologize in advance but count on your understanding in the current context. Your safety remains our top priority.
These measures are to be applied in the context of any future arrivals and during the time which the public authorities consider necessary in the light of developments. »
- Bed linen
- Individual ski lockers
- End of stay cleaning included (except kitchen)
Extra Services to be paid on site : Price guide only, subject to modification
- Baby equipment (high chair, cot and baby bath) : €30/stay, €8/day
- Bathroom linen (1 bath towel, 1 hand towel) : €9/set
- Wifi access (2 connections only) : €8/day, €20/week, €30/2 weeks – Family pack (3 connections) : €35/week
- Cleaning kit : €6
- Billiards table : €2/game
- Pets allowed*: €60/stay/animal (over 7 nights), €12/day/animal (under 7 nights)
* Please inform residence at the time of booking. Please supply proof of vaccinations. Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times within the residence grounds.
Please note :
• ID card or passport required for all guests (babies included). Drivers licence not valid.
• Please pay attention to your personal belongings and/or make use of the safe at reception (if applicable) during your stay. Odalys Vacances cannot be held responsible for damage or theft of personal belongings.
• Ski passes, preferential rates « Special Odalys »
Discounts up to 26% on ski passes by booking online with your accommodation (at the latest 5 days before arrival date). Free ski passes for children under 5 years old and people over 75 years old onsite (photo ID requested for all passes). Offer cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions. Discounts valid on pre-bookings only.
Family Packs - conditions : Valid for members of the same family (grand-parents, parents, children) with ID proof of age and relationship (if name different). Valid for 2 adults and 1 child 5-12 years old incl.) or 2 adults and 2 teenagers (13-71 years old incl.) for arrivals on 19-26/12/20 and 06-13-20-27/02/21. For pre-bookings only made up to 10 days before arrival.
Please note : Please complete all information when booking accommodation for all skiers in your party so that the ski passes can be pre-ordered.
• Ski equipment, pre-book skis and snowboards with Odalys
Odalys special deals with our local partner offering discounts up to 50% for full equipment packages (skis, ski poles, boots).
• Ski school, learn to ski for less
Discounts up to 15% off the public price for group ski lessons (downhill skiing, Nordic skiing, Snowboarding) for the 2020/21 ski season (not during French school holiday periods). Offer valid on pre-bookings only made at the latest 15 days before arrival date. Tel: +33 (0)4 79 59 23 70 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Free Kids Passes : Spring skiing
From 10/04 to 17/04/21 buy one adult 6-day ski passes and get 1 FREE 6-day child ski pass (up to 12 years old incl., photo ID required)
Offer cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions. Discounts valid on pre-bookings only made before 05/04/21.
Convivial holidays, to suit your tastes with services included or à la carte plus avantages with our local partners !
For a sélection of establishments, try our new « online check-in » service : on arrival, no need to go via reception to check in !More info
Choose our shared payment option : no need to pay upfront, everyone pays their share for your holiday together !More info