At the heart of the Maurienne Valley in France, the ski resort of Valmeinier is an attractive village resort situated at an altitude of 1500m in the Northern Alps. Bordered by the national parks of the Vanoise and the Ecrins, this unspoilt, authentic winter sports destination is the ideal choice for a relaxed ski holiday with family or friends where you can enjoy skiing in a remarkably sunny ski area, the Galibier Thabor ski area with spectacular views, dominated by the Mont Thabor and the famous Galibier mountain. Around 70% of the ski area is located above 2000m of altitude guaranteeing excellent snow conditions throughout the winter season.
Ski area : Espace Galibier Thabor Valmeinier - Valloire (70% of ski area above 2000m)
Minimum altitude : 1500m - Maximum altitude : 2600m
- 89 slopes, 150km : 20 green, 28 blue, 32 red, 9 black
- 30 ski lifts: 2 cable cars, 17 chair lifts and 11 drag lifts
- Freestyle modules : 1 snowpark, “easy” parks, a boardercross
- 10km of cross-country skiing
The Espace Galibier Thabor is renowned for its excellent snow conditions, due to the fact that 70% of the ski slopes are above 2000m of altitude and also its network of 400 snow guns on the lower slopes and the daily maintenance of the ski runs. Skiing in the Galibier Thabor gives you a choice of 150 km of downhill ski slopes, with an altitude drop of 1170m. If you are new to skiing but wish to discover the sensations outside the beginner’s area, tandem ski are available to hire. For free riders, Valmeinier also offers an off-piste area of excellent quality, on the slopes of the Gros Crey and the Crey du Quart mountains.
A slalom run, fun skiing zones (easyparks, chrono zone, Arva park) and a snowpark, renowned as one of the best in Europe, with a halfpipe, a boardercross, moguls and slides, will delight those looking for extra pleasures and thrills of snow sports. For Nordic skiing fans, there are cross-country skiing tracks in Valloire, offering several circuits for differing levels. There are also specially trained ski instructors to teach the physically handicapped who also want to enjoy the pleasures of snow sports.
In the upper part of the ski resort of Valmeiner, you will find ski holiday rentals in the Odalys Residence Les Lumieres de Neige. With exceptional views of the valley from the terraces and balconies and only 100m from the first ski slopes , leading to the beautiful Galibier Thabor (Valmeinier / Valloire) ski area, this ski residence is the ideal choice for your ski holidays in France. With 89 ski runs spread over 150km of beautiful, snowy slopes, you can enjoy winter sports in Valmeinier whatever your level. The whole family will enjoy a ski holiday in Valmeinier thanks to the many facilities and activities on offer. Toboggan runs for children, a snake gliss, an introduction to dog sledding and night skiing are among the different entertainments on offer.
The Residence Les Lumieres des Neiges is also located only 100m from the ESF ski school, convenient to drop off your budding skiers in the morning and to head off straight onto the slopes in the Galibier Thabor (Valmeinier / Valloire) ski area. Not far from shops and restaurants in the charming ski resort of Valmeinier, your ski holiday rental is in the ideal spot for a perfect ski holiday in France.
Billiards table (extra charge)
Wifi access in most apartments (extra charge)
Indoor parking (extra charge, limites spaces, pre-booking required)
Outdoor parking near residence
The Residence Les Lumieres des Neiges in Valmeinier consists of 145 apartments divided into two 3-storey and one 6-storey chalet-style buildings with lifts. These attractive buildings house holiday rentals ranging from studios for 3/4 people to 3 bedroom apartments for 8 people.
All holiday rentals are well-equipped and comfortable and each has a kitchenette (ceramic hob, microwave, dishwasher, etc), a bathroom or shower room with toilet. You have the possibility to rent a television (already installed in the apartments) and all accommodation has a balcony or terrace so you can enjoy the wonderful views of the surrounding mountains.
Price in Euros, per accommodation and per stay
Deposit to be paid on site on arrival : €300 / apartment
Deposit given back after inventory carried out on the day of departure or sent by post
Payment by : cheque, cash or credit card
Tourist tax to be paid on arrival : €1.40/person/day (valid for all guests over 18)
Check-in & check-out :
For Saturday arrivals, accommodation available from 5pm until 8pm. Depending on reception opening hours, you have the possibility to check in during the afternoon but the keys will be supplied at 5pm. In the case of late arrival please inform your residence before 8pm. You will be told the procedure to follow.
For Saturday departures, check-out by 10am (please fix an appointment during the week for the inventory)
- Accommodation rental
- Bed linen
- Individual ski lockers
- Outdoor parking near the residence
Price guide only, subject to modification, to be paid on site
- TV rental (already installed in the apartments) : €8/day, €40/week, €5/day (over 1 week)
- Baby equipment (high chair, cot and baby bath) (pre-booking required 1 week before arrival) : €25/stay, €8/day
- Wifi access (2 connections only) : €8/day, €20/week, €30/2 weeks – Family pack (4 connections) : €35/week
- Bathroom linen (1 bath towel, 1 hand towel) : €7.50/set
- Cleaning kit : €6
- Billiards table : €2/game
- End of stay cleaning on request (except kitchen) : from €60/apartment
- Indoor car park (max height – 1.90m, disabled parking) Spaces limited, pre-booking advised directly with the residence 3 weeks before arrival. : €40/week
- Pets allowed*: €50/stay/animal (over 7 nights), €10/day/animal (under 7 nights)
* Please inform residence at the time of booking. Please supply proof of vaccinations. Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times within the residence grounds.
Please note :
• ID card or passport required for all guests (babies included). Drivers licence not valid.
• Please pay attention to your personal belongings and/or make use of the safe at reception (if applicable) during your stay. Odalys Vacances cannot be held responsible for damage or theft of personal belongings.
- Iron, ironing board and hair dryer on loan
- Vacuum cleaners on loan
- Drop-off zone outside the residence
- Disabled parking outside the residence
- Free shuttle bus between 1800 and 1900 (bus stop 100m from residence, 2 buses/hour)
Take the time to discover the region and the different activities available in and around Valmeinier:
- Ice falls
- Snow-shoe outings, Dog sledding
- Night skiing, Torchlight descent during the school holidays
- Microlighting, paragliding
- Speed riding, tobogganing, Snakegliss (sledge train), Tandemski
- Health and fitness centre
- Bowling, Cinema
• Ski passes, preferential rates « Special Odalys »
Discounts up to 30% on ski passes by booking online with your accommodation (at the latest 5 days before arrival date). Free ski passes for children under 5 years old and people over 75 years old (ID requested, passes to be collected at the ski pass office). Offer cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions. Discounts valid on pre-bookings only.
• Ski equipment, pre-book skis and snowboards with Odalys
Odalys special deals with our local partner offering discounts up to 40% (depending on dates) for full equipment packages (skis, ski poles, boots).
• Ski school, learn to ski for less
Discounts of 15% off the public price for group ski lessons (downhill skiing, Nordic skiing, Snowboarding) during the 2017/2018 ski season outside French school holiday periods. Age groups, days and hours vary in different schools. Offer valid on pre-bookings only at the latest 15 days before arrival date. Tel: +33 (0)4 79 59 23 70 - email@example.com
• Holiday grocery baskets, save time ! Your shopping delivered for your arrival
Fill your fridge without going shopping ! Your week's groceries delivered for your arrival.
By reservation at the time of booking (or minimum 3 days before arrival).
- Visit to discovery of the Savoyard heritage, outings with visit to a cheese manufacturer
- The Ecrins and the Vanoise national parks
- The village of Valmeinier
- "Espace Alu" museum on the era of aluminium in the Alps
- The Mont Thabor farm
- Museum of the Opinel knife and of costumes of the Maurienne region at Saint Jean de Maurienne
- The Baroque trails in the Haute Maurienne region
- Local gastronomy (tartiflette, croziflette, bilberry tart, cheese etc.)
- Local crafts
- Market in Valloire on Friday morning
Résidence Odalys Les Lumières de Neige
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday : 8am-11am and 5pm-7pm
Saturday : 8am-11am and 3pm-8pm
Sunday : 8am-12 noon
Wednesday : Closed
+33 825 273 273
Monday to friday : 9am/7pm
Saturday : 9am/6pm