Sarlat is a town of art and history, situated at the heart of the Périgord Noir area, nestling in a valley, between the Dordogne and the Vézère. It has a magnificent architectural heritage, further set off by its charming narrow streets of the middle ages and its big, sunny squares.
Sarlat is a medieval city, recognized for its lively street entertainment. You will be able to discover “foie gras”, boletus mushrooms, truffles and confit of duck in its colourful market. And for a festive holiday in the Périgord region, Sarlat is a town that is lively in the summer with its many outdoor shows in the streets for the pleasure of young and old. This is a region that abounds in prehistoric, natural caves, castles and manor houses, as well as being renowned for its excellent gastronomy.
The Residence is situated in the upper parts of Sarlat, 2 km from the historical town centre and from the shops. It is made up of villas and apartments all on garden level
Outdoor non-heated swimming pool open from June to mid-September, paddling pool and outdoor car park.
All the apartments, from the 2-roomed apartment for 4/5 pers to the 4-roomed apartment for 6/8 pers and the villas for 6/7 and 8/9 pers, are fully equipped with kitchenette (vitroceramic hotplates, micro-wave, oven and dishwasher), bathroom, separate toilet and television (with charge)
Sarlat is a dynamic town offering many possibilities of leisure and sporting activities, during your holidays :
- Hiking, mountain bike, cycle touring
- Canoe and kayak on the Dordogne river
- Quad bike
- Golf course
- Barge trips
- Hot air balloon
- Swimming pool
- Bowling, cinema, disco
- Keep fit, well-being
Sarlat and the area of the Périgord are brimming with remarkable sites that can be visited during your holiday in Dordogne :
- In Sarlat : Gisson manorhouse, Saint Sacerdos cathedral, the Plantier gardens, the Temniac chateau, the market of Sarlat, « Place de la Liberté » square, Etienne de la Boétie’s birth place, the church of Sainte Marie.
- The most beautiful villages in France : Beynac, Domme, Castelnaud, La Roque Gageac, Saint Amant de Coly, Saint Léon sur Vézère
- The PLC museum at Souillac
- Castelnaud château and its war museum of the middle ages
- Many caves and swallow holes (the Padirac swallow hole, caves of Lacave…)
- The Lascaux caves
- many prehistoric parks : the Dinosaur Park, “Préhisto-Parc”, “Préhistologia”
- The Manorhouse of Eyrignac gardens
Indoor market in Sarlat, from the beginning of the spring holidays, mid November
Craft market from mid-june to the end of September.
Gastronomy : foie gras (farm visit and sale of produce), walnut and hazelnut oil, truffles…
Lieu dit Les Hauts de la Brande
24200 SARLAT LA CANEDA
+33 825 273 273
Monday to friday : 9am/7pm
Saturday : 9am/6pm